Call for Abstracts
The Michigan Stormwater-Floodplain Association (MSFA) is pleased to announce their 37th Annual Conference to be held March 6-8, 2024.
We are currently seeking abstracts! If you would like to be a presenter please submit a brief abstract by November 30, 2023.
This year’s conference is seeking topics related to stormwater and floodplain management throughout Michigan and the Great Lakes Region. Specific areas of interest include:
- Local Watershed Projects & Case Studies
- Community Watershed Management Policies
- Stormwater Quality/Quantity Issues
- Low Impact Development
- The National Flood Insurance Program
- Floodplain Mapping
- Environmental Enforcement/Legal Issues
- Dams and Levees
- Disaster Response & Recovery Case Studies
- Flood Insurance, CRS and CAV Process
- Planning Initiatives – Pre-Disaster Work, All Hazards, Watershed, etc.
- Hazard Mitigation Planning and Public Awareness
- Phase II Compliance/Implementation, Stormwater BMPs, Illicit Discharge
Presentation abstracts should include:
- Lead presenter - name, title, employer, phone, and e-mail
- Working title for presentation
- Name and contact information for any co-presenters
- One page written summary of presentation (maximum)
- Presentations are typically 20 minutes with an additional 10 minutes for Q&A.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Committee and notification of acceptance will be sent out in January of 2024. Conference registration fees are waived for accepted presenters on the day of the presentation. Questions may be directed to Ryan Smith, Conference Committee Chair at